‘They’re Killing Us’: 10-Year-Old Child Recounts Witnessing Police Shooting (VIDEO)

A 10-year-old boy was only yards away when Minneapolis police fatally shot 24-year-old Jamar Clark in his head in front of the child’s home. This video of him vividly recalling what other witnesses have called an “execution style shooting,” will break your heart.

Police had arrived at the scene of an assault early Sunday morning. Officers claimed that Clark was interfering with paramedics who were treating the victim when a “scuffle” ensued. Witness statements would contradict all official reports of what happened next, leading to a wave of protests throughout the city.

Ze’Morion Dillon-Hokins, a child whose age group the Motion Picture Association of America advises against seeing even moderate levels of violence in films, was one of those witnesses. He spoke to the Daily Mail about what he saw:

“They took out their guns and they popped him in his face.”

He remembered:

“He took two last breaths and he was out.”

The boy claimed that after they shot him in his head, they took the handcuffs off one of his wrists, and then the other. Police initially claimed that he was not handcuffed, they now say the matter is under investigation.

His mother Tequila Dillon, 31, added:

“He was in shock afterwards. He was at home playing on his PS4 when he heard something was going on and went outside to see what it was. He saw it all and it has upset him. He came in and fell right over and said: ‘They are killing us.’ No child should see something like that and they are getting a therapist to try help him over it. He is off school.”

On Wednesday, Officers Mark Ringgenberg and Dustin Schwarze, who have each been with the Minneapolis Police Department for 13 months, were named as the officers involved in the fatal shooting.

Schwarze previously worked with a department in the Minneapolis suburb of Richfield, where in 2011, a federal complaint was filed against him over a 2009, “malicious campaign of threats, harassments, random searches and arrests.”

The man who filed the complaint, Billy McCoy, alleged in the complaint that the officer had “falsified police reports, and conspired with a private citizen in a continuous and unbroken sequence of unlawful searches, intimidation and phone threats” in order to attempt to force him into becoming a police informant, the Guardian reported. The complaint was settled out of court, and details of the case were sealed.

The witness testimonies may prove to be extremely valuable, as officers were not wearing body cameras, and surveillance footage which they have obtained does not completely capture the shooting.

On Monday evening, 51 people were arrested in Minneapolis after shutting down a busy interstate for over two hours in protest after Clark was removed from life support.

The Minneapolis Police Department has placed the two officers involved on paid leave and has requested a federal investigation into the incident. The FBI has said that it will be investigating the case.

Featured image via screen capture